OC Sheriff Don Barnes, LA Supervisor Kathryn Barger Among List of Top County Leaders Backing Steel for Re-Election
Today, Michelle Steel for Congress announced endorsements from key Orange County and Los Angeles County leadership as the Congresswoman seeks reelection in California’s 45th Congressional District. The endorsement list includes:
- Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes
- Orange County Assessor Claude Parrish
- Orange County Clerk-Record Hugh Nguyen
- Orange County Treasurer-Tax Collector Shari Friedenrich
- Orange County Vice Chairman of the Board of Supervisors Don Wagner
- Orange County Supervisor Andrew Do
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich, ret.
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe, ret.
- Orange County Board of Education Trustee Mari Barke
- Orange County Board of Education Trustee Ken L. Williams, Jr.
- Orange County Board of Education Trustee Tim Shaw
- Orange County Board of Education Trustee Lisa Sparks
“Supporting Congresswoman Steel for reelection is an easy choice. She has always stood with law enforcement and has been a vocal critic of the skyrocketing crime we are seeing here in California,” state Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes. “There is no other choice for Congress when it comes to keeping our communities and families safe.”
As county leaders line up to support Congresswoman Steel, she has also consolidated support from local Republican leadership including the California Republican Party, New Majority, and the Orange County and Los Angeles County Republican Parties.
“I am honored to have the support of so many dedicated leaders from Orange County and Los Angeles County who agree that we must lower taxes and tackle crime in our region,” stated Congresswoman Michelle Steel. “I am working everyday in Washington to keep our communities safe, to lower our taxes, and to protect small businesses still struggling to recover.”